DID YOU KNOW...

SALESPERSON IN COLOMBIA


According to the four aspects of leadership behavior, I think that salespersons in Colombia are committed with the organization they work in. I think this aspect is part of our culture, we are nationalists, regionalists and we feel committed with those things part of, and I think that it is very often to see how salespersons compete and defend their companies; nevertheless this commitment is high related with the wage… When we analyze the continuance of commitment we can see that salesperson tend to change the company when they have a better work proposition a higher position in other company and better salaries.
If we analyze the second aspect, i think that sometimes it is very difficult for managers to define roles or tasks, and we can identify this when we go “somewhere” and ask for “something” and this person doesn’t have information about it, he/she is not allowed to do it, or he first has to ask for authorization. It is very common to find and even say “nobody knows anything in here” and I think that this is because the managers don’t define the roles since the beginning effectively.
In the third aspect, I identify a very particular situation, and it is that even though sometimes there is no role clarity and the salesperson has no authority to do certain things, we can see that they adopt certain level of authority in front of the client just to make him believe that he/she has everything under control, and I think that it has something to do with the fact that salesperson are persistent and are willing to win at any cost.
In the fourth aspect, the individualism is very notorious among Colombian salespersons and the fact that it is very difficult to recognize a leader and to follow him, just because salesperson and Colombians in general are very ambitious and prefer to carry out things how they think, they think they are right and that it is a competition. In the power distance I find two different cases. First, the case when people wants to receive orders because “they don’t want to think” or when they need a responsible if anything goes wrong, and we have the case when people doesn’t want to listen what he/she has to do, or what has to be done, just because they think they are right.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

0 Response to "SALESPERSON IN COLOMBIA"

Post a Comment

OUR WORLD